Easiest kite ever (template and instructions)
To make the kite harness, tie the ends of a 60cm length of embroidery thread or kite cord to the holes.
Made from a single sheet of paper, this breeze of a kite is all a kid needs to catch the wind. What a great holiday craft project!
What you need
- Kite template – download it here. Print it out on an A4 sheet of paper.
- Clear tape
- Single-hole punch
- Embroidery thread or kite cord
- 1.5m of ribbon
1. Cut out the kite from the template and make creases as shown. Reinforce the side points with tape as shown, then punch a hole in each point.
2. To make the kite harness, tie the ends of a 60cm length of embroidery thread or kite cord to the holes.
3. For the kite string, tie one end of a length of thread or cord to the harness. Make the loop loose so the string slides easily along the harness. Our string, for running with, was about 2.5m long. For a higher flying kite, you can use a longer string.
4. Staple the ribbon to the bottom of the kite for a tail.